• Internationally renowned speakers & senior officials from different date palm growing countries.
• Wide range of scientific subjects related to all aspects of date palm cultivation.
• Scientific input from many date growing countries.
• Innovative approach to scientific sessions.
• Well-Organized exhibition.
• Tours visiting various sites of technical or tourist interest in the UAE.
• Excellent weather during this time of the year.
• Current status of date palm cultivation in the world.
• Modern commercial date production with a special focus on Mejhool variety.
• Molecular biology, genetic engineering and biotechnology.
• Cultural practices.
• Pest and disease management with a special focus on Red Palm Weevil.
• Post-harvest and processing technologies.
• Nutrition and health.
• Economics and marketing.
• Additionally, the conference will have brief invited presentations from the winners Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation.
The Seventh International Date Palm Conference is open to all people interested in date palm cultivation & agricultural innovation. The conference provides a forum for updating on current issues of importance to the date industry as well as information on this subject. Participants will be from the public and private sectors who deal with all aspects of the date palm from producers through consumers from around the world. Examples of the participants are:
The following booths will be organized during the Conference:
The participation in these post conference tours will be on a voluntary basis and will take a full day (Thursday 17 March, 2022).