Under the leadership of H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, “May God protect him”, there are continual efforts to increase UAE date palm productivity, to make better use of the date palm industry and to produce an agricultural leap that will change the face of the UAE desert.
Indeed, the Seventh International Date Palm Conference illustrates the special attention and priority given by His Highness to this important economic sector. The present conference is the seventh one in a series of international conferences organized by UAE during the last 24 years (08 –10 March, 1998, 25 – 27 March, 2001, 19 – 21 February 2006, 15 – 17 March, 2010, 16 – 18 March, 2014 and 19 – 21 March, 2018).
Date palm scientists, experts, and senior officials from around the world will be able to exchange their know-how and experiences. The Honorable Ministers of Agriculture of the GCC member states and other date growing countries will be invited to attend the conference in order to disseminate the up-to-date knowledge and recommendations at the official level.
• Serve as a platform for emerging scientific and commercial knowledge as well as current/future challenges regionally and globally in date palm production, propagation, protection and marketing.
• Render opportunity for sharing novel developments aimed at enhancing date palm production and exploiting its multitude utility.
• Provide a venue for research and industrial collaboration that will potentially lead to strengthening the commercial value of this highly nutritious crop.
• Duration: Monday – Wednesday, 14 - 16 March 2022.
• Venue: Emirates Palace Hotel. www.mandarinoriental.com
Sustainable Date Palm Production.